The DISC Test
First, let’s deal with terminology. The DISC is commonly called the DISC Test. The word ‘test’ is a misnomer. ‘Test’ implies that there is a ‘fail’ or ‘pass’ result which is definitely not the case. There are no right or wrong results.
DISC Profiling is a more accurate name but, for the sake of everyday language, and because it is such a widely used name, we decided to call this system the DISC TEST!
The DISC Test is an essential tool in the search for organisational and personal success. Administered more than 100 million times, the DISC Test allows individuals to identify and maximise their talents, and it allows organisations to select and develop the right people for every role.
Originally developed in the 1920s by psychologist and educational consultant William Marston, DISC testing has since been refined and validated by many eminent psychologists, social scientists and HR professionals. Today it is considered to be the preeminent workplace assessment tool.
The DISC Model
Some people believe that using the DISC Model to describe personality is an over-simplification. Before coming to such a conclusion please consider this…
“There are only three primary colours and yet they allow us to produce every single colour, tone and hue in the world”.
DISC Personality Profile
- Dominant personalities are able to assert themselves, control situations and enjoy a challenge.
- High scorers are usually direct, decisive and driven individuals. Confident and positive, they enjoy being the centre of attention and may even take it for granted that others think highly of them.
- Very high scorers may be seen as ‘over-the-top’ and lacking in empathy.
Connecting & Communicating with the D Style
- Influential personalities excel at dealing with other people. They relate to others easily and communicate enthusiastically.
- High scorers tend to be hugely social individuals. They’re optimistic, outgoing and inspiring. They are never happier than when they’re at the heart of a team.
- Some people may see very high scorers as ‘too full on’ and too ‘in your face’.
Connecting & Communicating with the I Style
- Steady personalities are patient, persistent, reliable and thoughtful. They are motivated by stability, security and harmony.
- High scorers are even-tempered and loyal. They can be relied upon to complete the task in hand and to carry out routine work with patience and care.
Connecting & Communicating with the S Style
Conscientiousness / Compliance
- High Scorers on Compliance are accurate, precise and highly structured in their approach to their tasks, procedures and responsibilities.
- They are known as ‘compliant’ personalities as they have a preference to comply with rules and regulations.
- Some users of DISC like to refer to and relate the C style to Conscientiousness.
Connecting & Communicating with the C Style
NO TRAINING NEEDED
NO CERTIFICATION NEEDED
FREE CONTROL PANEL*
The DISC questionnaire consists of 28 sets of four multiple choice statements that take around 10-15 minutes to complete. It is called a self-reporting questionnaire.
To see the complete questionnaire please try our free taster test.
The DISC report provides scores and descriptions for the four DISC traits and places the test-taker into a specific ‘Pattern’ or Classification.
At DISC Test, we also ensure that the insights contained in the report are:
- clear and user-friendly
- related in easily understood, everyday language
- designed specifically to improve understanding and communication of self and others.
This particular DISC Test was created in response to high levels of demand from recruiters, HR professionals, counsellors and coaches, who wanted a succinct report that could be interpreted without the need for training or accreditation.
We promise that the results of our test are as accurate as any other DISC Personality Test.
More on the Report
DISC Training | Coaching | Education
To learn more and to become a DISC expert – Visit our DISC Training page
How to Administer the DISC Test
This information is for those who wish to be invoiced and do not purchase via PayPal
You will be provided with a secure log-in to an autonomous Control Panel – CP.
The CP is, in other words, the Dashboard or your private Account.
Functions of your CP
- From your CP you will send ’email invitations’ to take the test. Each email will provide instructions and a unique link to take the test online. Note: You can customise the content of all the email templates.
- As soon as the test-taker finishes the questionnaire and clicks on Submit you will be advised by email. That email will contain a link to their results.
- The results are provided in a PDF format.
- They would not be able to view their results. You are able to forward them as and when you wish. Note: If you prefer, the CP can be setup so that test-takers automatically receive their results.
- All results can be accessed via the CP.
- You can print the reports from the email link or from your CP.
- All results can be forwarded by email to a third party or to the test-takers.
- We can set you up with your own unique and secure Control Panel within a matter of hours. Maximum 24 hours.
- The DISC questionnaire takes approximately 12 minutes to complete.
- Results are delivered immediately.
- £24.25 per test taken. Fees are only charged for tests taken. Not for invitations sent.
- Discounts are given on orders for 10+ tests.
- 10% on an order of 10.